Saturday 3 July 2010

We've posted so many times today.

BUT I DON'T CARE >:D

The transformation of the blog is complete, if I do say so myself. Shannon left me to go to bed (jeesh, the wimp. WE CAN SLEEP WHEN WE'RE DEAD) and I told her I'd work on a header, and I finished it...and I'm bored so I'm announcing the changes you've probably already noticed.

The header uses lyrics from Paramore's "we are broken" that I have always found seriously adorable, keep me safe inside your arms like towers and used the CW logo to make it look extra official! (MUAHAHAHA)

If you look to the right of the blog, you'll see a little box entitled "The Soundtrack". Take a listen, I dare ya! It's basically most of the songs that have ever inspired me to write (as I am doing now!) and so I thought I'd find a way that you could listen to them whilst reading down through the blog! If anyone wants a song added that they think would fit, I'm sure we could find a way to add it on. :)

Also, if you take a stroll further down below the soundtrack, you'll see two BIGLY videos, one of them being a collab that Shannon and I did about last week. Make sure to check those out if you still have no idea what's going on!

I think that's it. OH NO WAIT.
A Dead In The Water manip I made like a year ago has resurfaced (I found it in the recycling bin on my computer, even though I don't remember putting it there):


And here, another extract of the still not finished chapter:

“Ahem.”

Emmy shot up in the bed, hands automatically grabbing the covers and pulling them as far as they’d go. She immediately regretted the violent movement, something rising within the pit of her stomach.
“Argh.”
Memories flooded her aching core at the sight of the bulky figure, standing awkwardly at the end of the bed, face bathed in shadows. Thank God the curtains were closed, she couldn’t bear the light.
“Who the hell are you?” Emmy screeched, noting her resemblance to Alvin the chipmunk. The man reeled a little from the high-pitched squeal. Her words rushed out with little coherency. “What are you doing in my room? Get out! Get out!” A moment passed in silence. She scanned the room she lay in; unfamiliarity graced every inch of it. “This isn’t my room…” The man considered his next words carefully, unable to come to a decision.  Emmy’s imagination ran riot, “Oh God, we didn’t, like…did we?”
A short bark of laughter from him, “No. We didn’t.” Emmy let out a sigh of relief. That was the last thing she needed. A rebound. “The name’s Dean.”


xx - Robyn

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe I'm the only one who keeps commenting on this project of yours?!?!? The new look is great. I love love love that manip and the extract... *BIGLY SQUEEEE*

    (Oh, and Hey Leonardo has to be added to the soundtrack even thou it it doesn't really go with the rest of the songs.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'll see if I can find a way to add it on :)
    I love that song <3 haha.

    Hopefully once we start posting on fanfic.net we'll get people who are interested in the whole thing :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leonardo is my Demmy song. If I had any vidding abilities that's the song I'd start with. I need to find a happy song for Lam too... Just for symmetry. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell you what, Zooey's gonna be in a new show on HBO. As soon as it comes on (I think about August time) it'll give me lots of clips to use and I'll make a demmy vid to it >:D
    I like "starlight" by muse for Lam. It can be both sad and sweet at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! *does a little happy dance*
    Zooey is soooo great in everything and I'm excited about the "I'm with the band" project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ME TOO! A) it means more clips for my manips, b)...well I don't need to explain my love for the Deschanel!

    ReplyDelete