Saturday 11 September 2010

Family Ties Part II

Now that I'm able to understand the latest topic in biology, I can finish our study of the girls' families.
Alrighty then, so yesterday we took a look at my own personal view on the Murray family, and today (after again having to hunt down different actors to portray a couple of members) I finished the Roser family picspam.


First family member to approach the stand is Cliff Roser, father. Cliff Roser earned his position in his business through hard work and good intentions. He only ever wanted the best for his family. He's a pushover where his wife is concerned, and the calmer of the two parents.
Portrayed by: (In my head) Liam Neeson, (In the picture above) Mel Gibson.
"You need to figure out what you want in life. Not what your mother wants."


Emily Roser, the mother. As Emmy's self professed arch-nemesis in life, her mother never made a good impression with her youngest daughter. Emily is a climber of certain social ladders, clinging onto Cliff's wealth and social circle in the hopes she can overcome her lower class background.
Portrayed by: (In my head) Kelly Bishop, (In the picture above) Marcia Cross.
 "You never do what I tell you to do. Why can't you be like Claire?"

Claire Roser, the older sister. Claire married young, and after the birth of her son, made the decision to follow in her mother's footsteps and become a housewife.
Portrayed by: Emily Deschanel
"Once you settle down, you'll understand."

Seth Ivle, the scumsucking rodent whore-...I mean the fiance. Seth Ivle was the perfect, rich, attractive man that women dream about. He's also one of those stereotypes that flirts with everything that has a pulse. Bad choice in a husband? Perhaps on this occasion.
Portrayed by: Greg Vaughan
"I'm sorry to remind you again, but I'm what you've got to count on."

Maggie James, old best friend. Rebeling against what their parents expected from them.
Portrayed by: Krysten Ritter
"Screw them. If we want to make stupid decisions that we'll regret when we're old and wrinkly, then that's our choice."

So there we are. The Murray and Roser families, not including a few characters that we'll meet waaaay later on, are complete. Hopefully this has made the characters seem a little more normal knowing they're just like you or I: problems, friends, hopes, dreams, careers.

xo - Robyn

4 comments:

  1. The idea of Mel and Marcia as Emmys parents made me laugh quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH it's actually growing on me a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the Rosers, the most eccentric family ever.

    I are excited for the entry of a certain uncle and nephew. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 Bless them. I love them so much hahaha.

    I couldn't even put in Clive, Lesley Humphrey OR KILTY.

    ReplyDelete