Wednesday 19 May 2010

Dead In The Water

Dead in the water has been surprisingly hard to write.

It's proving rather difficult to grasp the transition between Emily Roser and Emmy Roser.

However, it is happening, inch by inch, and some time around the 25th of June, it should be finished. I know no one really cares at the moment, but perhaps when we spread the word on fanfic.net when we're ready to upload people might care about the past behind the story, how many hours of character creating, writing, correction and recorrection it took to concoct the story they're reading. I know when I personally read, I very rarely think of the effort that has gone into every word, and the author's thoughts during the process of writing, so I guess that's why I think the whole blogging malarky is quite important, if not extremely brilliant at distracting me from revision.

ANYWHO, here's an extract, to prove that I have in fact been writing. Screw you biology exam, you can give me a headache, but you won't kill my imagination!


“You’re lying!” She concluded. Dean shrugged his shoulders toward his brother before turning to face the girl.
“You figured us out. We’re actually spies.” His sarcasm planted the first seed of doubt in Emmy’s mind. He started walking again.
“No, but seriously. I don’t get it,” She spoke to their bulky backs. “Why lie? Why are you investigating the death of some girl in a lake? No offence, but that’s kind of a sucky reason to lie.”
“Okay, look. Emily.” Emmy winced. “Sam and I aren’t Park Rangers. We’re investigating these drownings for reasons you probably won’t believe. So why don’t you zip it for a bit while we think, okay? Awesome, thanks.”
Emmy looked stunned for a second before continuing to follow the brothers. Sam, unaware she hadn’t run away yet, turned back to face her.
 “Are you following us?” He questioned her, not waiting for an answer. “Look, thank you, Really. But we can take it from here. We can drive you to the nearest bus station or something if you want?”
Emmy paused, “But you’ve intrigued me. First you’re park rangers. Then you’re…well I don’t actually know, but I know I want to stick around and find out what you two are up to.”
“On one condition,” Dean told her sternly. “Don’t ask too many questions?”
“Deal." A pause, "Where are we going now?”

3 comments:

  1. *waves excitedly* Me,me, over here! I care!

    I might be the only one (I'm sure I'm not) but I'm very exited and when you guys start posting I think my imagination will be off the handle. (Like it isn't already.)

    If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. You have my e-mail, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My... third look at DITW, you've been keeping this under wraps!

    It's awesome, loving sarky Dean <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Junie: TEHE YAY! I do have your email, and thank you for the offer!

    Shannon: MUAHAHAHA, I'm being very secretive. Hopefully the suspense will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete